Exclusive distributor for the Greater China region of Zoe industrial Technology Co.,Ltd
FlexArm tapping arms
1. Why choose the FlexArm tapping arm - the difficulty of tapping is quite easy for the FlexArm
Tapping can be both difficult and frustrating even for professionals. From damaged taps to damaged threads, the tapping process reduces productivity and can become very expensive in the long run.
There are many methods of tapping, but each method has its own difficulties.
Manual tapping: Manual tapping is the simplest method of tapping. This method is time consuming, requires a lot of energy and makes it more difficult to ensure accurate tap entry into the part.
Drill press tapping: The drill press aligns the tap correctly with the hole, but requires constant re-securing, resulting in considerable time loss.
CNC tapping: CNC machines are versatile mechanical components and are often a popular choice when tapping. But between tap geometry and cutting speed, a number of challenges can arise. a popular form of CNC tapping is rigid tapping, an option many people choose when they need to maintain tight tolerances, but if conditions are less than ideal, you may be at greater risk of tap breakage. Of course, tension compression tapping helps to reduce the risk of tap breakage by compensating for the slight movement of the tap as it enters the hole. The spring allows the tap to float without affecting the tapping. However, the spring may wear over time, resulting in unpredictable thread depths.
CNC thread milling: thread milling allows the use of a single tool for various hole sizes, which helps to save on tooling costs.
However, thread milling is a slow process that increases the number of minutes of cycle time.
For these problems, the FlexArm tapping arm, which is exclusively distributed by Zoe industrial Technology, can easily avoid the difficulties that arise during tapping operations. And with the FlexArm tapping arm, parts can be completed faster and save expensive machine time. Let's take a closer look at what makes FlexArm tapping easier and more efficient.
(1) The tap is always at an angle of 90 degrees to ensure accurate threading.
(2) The adjustable torque clutch stops the tap when it encounters any obstacle that could cause breakage.
(3) The tapping arm balances the weight of the motor and absorbs torque to reduce fatigue and injury.
(4) Quick change collets allow the operator to change tap sizes quickly without having to change gears, head heights or stop operations.
(5) Optional horizontal tap adaptor for more flexible horizontal and vertical tapping.
2. FlexArm tapping arm - allows you to brush up on your jitterbug while tapping!
Whether internal or external tapping, tapping aluminium extrusions or tapping cast iron parts, the machining needs to be done correctly and on a consistent basis - they are all time- and labour-intensive processes requiring specific expertise. And with such tight tolerances, the task is even more demanding. The FlexArm range of tapping arms, exclusively distributed by BoatEurope Industries, is designed to reduce tapping times while maintaining precise quality. the FlexArm range of tapping arms guarantees this product design and production concept in four ways, so that workers can even brush up on their jitterbug while tapping.
(1) Speed - "Time is money" and with our quick-change die holders you can perform die tapping immediately. Set-up times are also significantly reduced, especially compared to tapping on a lathe, as FlexArm requires no programming.
(2) More ergonomic - with the FlexArm solution, the machine can do all the work - and more precisely.
(3) Precise tapping depth - whether it is one of the digital depth control options on our hydraulic tapping arms (HYDRAULIC TAPPING ARMS) or a mechanical system on our pneumatic tapping arms (PNEUMATIC TAPPING ARMS), you will be able to maintain consistent depth accuracy every time.
(4) Guaranteed verticality - eliminating scrap parts and wasted time. With the FlexArm solution, verticality is guaranteed every time thanks to the design of the arm, without manual adjustment and intervention.
3. FlexArm tapping arm customer application example
(1) FlexArm for fast and easy tapping of rebar threads
Almost all concrete and masonry structures contain rebar, and Global Market Insights reports that more than 7 million tons of rebar were produced in the United States in 2018 alone.
Connecting threads to the end of reinforcement bars can be challenging and only a few companies are able to do this. Surface finish, softness, brittleness and the irregularity of the material length make threading difficult even for master mechanics. Our goal was to demonstrate the extensive capabilities of FlexArm to the end user. For this tapping test we chose the GHM-24 with a quick-change die holder. the multi-position head (denoted by "M" in GHM) was a good choice as it allows the user to easily tap the end of the bar by simply adjusting the multi-head to a horizontal position.
(2) FlexArm solutions for tapping cast iron parts
The FlexArm hydraulic tapping arm GHM-18 has been successfully used by D&J Precision, a manufacturer of cast iron parts, who require both vertical and horizontal tapping capability on parts ranging from M6 to 24 diameters, so we chose the GHM-18 hydraulic arm with multiple heads for this application. A mechanical depth limiter has been added to the arms to ensure they maintain a consistent thread depth every time, and the GHM-18 is able to handle the various tapping sizes used in their factory on a daily basis.
(3) FlexArm rocket thruster tapping solution
US rocket startup Launcher E-2 motors are 3D printed with high performance copper alloys and require less propellant to get to orbit - enabling the launcher to deliver more satellite cargo per rocket. Launcher designed and built the world's largest single-piece 3D printed liquid rocket motor combustion chamber. launcher contacted FlexArm to find an effective tapping solution for their rocket launcher. flexArm eagerly accepted the project, and engineers immediately began developing design plans. The fixture holds the part in a horizontal position, allowing the tap to enter horizontally. The part will rotate 360º within the fixture, allowing FlexArm to easily reach each hole horizontally. Due to the large tap characteristics required, the GHM-60 will be used for this application and a different tap was selected.
(4) FlexArm tapping arms are used in a wide range of applications. In addition to the above examples, typical applications include: the GHM-18 hydraulic tapping arm tapping aluminium extrusions with a 3-blade spiral tip tap; 1.25" horizontal and vertical tapping of heat-treated alloy steel with FlexArm's largest tapping arm, the GH-60; the FlexArm tapping arm tapping bronze nuts with an ACME tap; and the FlexArm pneumatic tapping arm RNR-20 tapping 7/16" and 3/8" thick steel. bronze nuts with ACME taps; and the FlexArm pneumatic tapping arm RNR-20 for tapping 7/16" and 3/8" thick steel.
If you would like to know more about the applications of the FlexArm tapping arms or if you would like to know if our FlexArm tapping arms are suitable for your application, please contact us today.
4. FlexArm tapping arms product overview
FlexArm offers three main types of products for different tapping applications and needs: pneumatic, hydraulic and electric tapping arms, as well as a wide range of accessories such as horizontal tapping adapters, automatic depth stops and different sizes of adapted taps to meet the needs of companies in different working conditions.
(1) FlexArm PNEUMATIC TAPPING ARMS
The FlexArm pneumatic tapping arm focuses primarily on ease of use, the pneumatic tapping arm wants to enable the operator to work faster and more efficiently, thus helping the customer to be more profitable. The ergonomic design allows the arm to be easily reamed on the workpiece and allows the operator to tap all holes in one simple setup... Depending on the working radius and tapping capacity, the main models are A-32,S-36,M-60 and RNR-20.
（2）FlexArm HYDRAULIC TAPPING ARMS
Designed primarily for production companies and professional engineers, the FlexArm hydraulic tapping arm allows production companies to use the FlexArm to easily tap parts taken from waterjet cutting, laser cutting or plasma cutting machines. Engineers can also save time by tapping offline and freeing up the CNC for more complex machining operations. As a result the FlexArm hydraulic tapping arm has a working half price of up to 213.36cm, a company capacity of up to 50.8mm and a maximum torque of 1100Nm.
（3）FlexArm Electric Tapping Arms
The FlexArm electric tapping arm focuses on small, intelligent, low-noise and low-energy tapping applications and is quieter and uses less energy than pneumatic or hydraulic tapping arms. With 110V single phase power and Digital Automation's in-depth control system, it has three modes of operation - manual, automatic and machine learning - and is available with a multi-directional tap for horizontal tapping.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information about our products.